Inspired by Rachel Ann Jensen’s Brooklyn Bridge Betty shoot, I knew I wanted to do something that was a cross between that and Cinderella. Fortunately, I found myself in the right hands with Janna Michelle Photography, who loved the idea as much as I did and we decided to run with it.
True Vintage Longline Bra from MzJonesBoudoir
Cardigan from Amazon
Pearls were from eBay
Pants were from Silken Twine Australia
Shoes were Bettie Page Shoes
Hair and Makeup was done by yours truly. It was not until after this shoot, I learned that the difference between a ton and a buttload of pomade is what helps you keep your bumper bang in shape all day.
Makeup of the Day:
- Foundation Primer: Make Up For Ever Nourishing Primer
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Stick (Y215)
- Under-Eye Concealer: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch (1)
- Setting Powder: Kat Von D Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
- Eye Primer: Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Primer
- Eyeshadow: Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow (M500 (Ivory)) for base, MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow (Omega) in the crease
- Eyeliner: Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Pencil (Blacquer), Physician’s Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum (Blackest Black)
- Mascara: Too Faced Better than Sex Waterproof
- Blush: MAC Cosmetics Sheertone Blush (Blushbaby)
- Contour: Kat Von D Contour Refill Powder (Sombre)
- Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics Lipstick (Kinda Sexy)
The photos themselves were taken outside of the famous Galt House Hotel, a Louisville institution. It’s a hotel that overlooks the Ohio River and is one of the most glamorous spots in Louisville. The original Galt House was opened in 1835, later destroyed in a fire in 1865. It eventually reopened in a slightly different spot down the road, being rebuilt in 1869 and tore down in 1921.
The Galt House was eventually reopened in 1972 as part of a revitalization project and is the Galt House we know it as today. It hosts two towers along with a restaurant and is to this day the only riverfront hotel in the city.
The photography was done for this shoot by the masterful, Janna Michelle Photography. Highly recommend her work for all Louisville-based shoots!
Yours ’til Niagara Falls,